Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along. Here's what you do:

Pick up your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others)

Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!



Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: November 15, 2011


"I turn to meet his eyes and regret it immediately. There are less than three inches between us and I can't move because my body only knows how to freeze. Every muscle every movement tightens, every vertebra in my spinal column is a block of ice. I'm holding my breath and my eyes are wide, loocked, caught in the intensity of his gaze. I can't look away. I don't know how to retreat." (page 37)

"He takes my hands and presses my palms to his face and I know I never knew the beauty of feeling human before this. I know I'm still crying when my eyes flutter closed. I whisper his name. And he's breathing harder than I am and suddenly his lips are on my neck and I'm gasping and dying and clutching at his arms and he's touching me touching mee touching me and I'm thunder and lightning and wondering when the hell I'll be waking up." (page 149)